On January 15th, 2015, The Giant Pixel Corporation hosted The Future of Audio, a meetup designed to bring together audio startups and media companies to explore listening trends, innovative startups, and emerging business models in the last untapped online frontier: sound.
The focus of the evening was a discussion moderated by TechCrunch’s Sarah Buhr and featuring these five panelists:
- John Swartz, SF Bureau Chief, USA Today
- Erik Torenberg, Founding Team at Product Hunt
- Hooman Khalili, Radio Personality, CBS Radio & ALICE FM
- Matt Pope, Product Co-founder, Talko
- Elliot Loh, Founder, Antenna & Giant Pixel
The panel covered a wide range of topics, including the emergence of the hit podcast Serial, how traditional news and radio organizations are adopting podcasts, and how audio and in particular voice allow listeners to feel more connected to the personalities they hear.
Below are the first five clips from the panel, recorded live at Giant Pixel’s offices just off Mint Plaza.